Our wide range of financial services are designed to assist individuals to optimise their financial situation, and business owners to extract maximum personal wealth from their business endeavours. These services include:
- Wealth creation and retirement planning
- Investment portfolio management
- Estate planning, including wills, powers of attorney and trust structures
- Personal insurance, including income protection, critical illness, life and total permanent disability
- Debt structuring and management
- Cashflow planning
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
At Austins Peters we believe inputting our clients first. We work with our clients in a consultative approach in order to design a specific Wealth Management Program that can address their wealth creation, protection and distribution needs.
Our programs are designed to assist clients to continually assess their goals and objectives, to set new priorities if needed and to execute strategies to attain them.
Traditional financial planning tends to focus on life stages or events such as retirement, buying a new house or losing a job. This can often lead to a client's initial strategy becoming outdated through legislative changes or as a client's goals and objectives change. In our view financial planning is not an event, it is an ongoing consultative process of assessment and adjustments.
To assist with this process, we utilise a unique tool called the Wealth Management Plan. We have identified four key areas of an individual's financial life that require constant review and maintenance to maximise wealth potential and protection. The plan enables us to regularly measure our joint progress and status against these four key areas, whilst overlaying with a client's specific goals and objectives.
The four key areas are:
1. Asset and income protection (protection)
2. Investment and cashflow planning (creation)
3. Debt management (leverage)
4. Estate planning (distribution)
Our Investment Philosophy
Our investment philosophy is driven by the objective of creating a tailored portfolio to suit each client and their particular needs. Our portfolios are constructed in collaboration with our clients, where desired, to ensure our clients understand what they are invested in and are comfortable with those investments.
Our style of investing is designed to achieve a tax effective outcome to maximise the 'real', or actual return to investors.
We try to keep things as simple as possible for our clients by managing what we can with particular attention on diversification, asset allocation, risks and minimising costs, such as taxes.
We are guided by the following principles:
- We invest for an after-tax return
- We take no more risk than is required to meet a client's goals and objectives
- We invest for the long term to minimise transaction costs and reduce tax liability for clients
- We invest primarily in dividend (income) focussed investments. Income from shares has tended to grow in a far more predictable way than share prices
- Efficient implementation to create a cost effective portfolio (an efficient cost portfolio increases the returns for our clients)
- Diversification leads to more reliable investment outcomes
- It is important to us that our clients have an understanding of what they are invested in and why
- Where appropriate we utilise a core portfolio of direct investments. If required we utilise fund manager expertise to diversify a client's portfolio where due to costs or other constraints, holding direct investments is not possible.
We rely on external expertise as an input into our processes, however we take responsibility for our strategies, recommendations and investments.
Our Personal Insurance Philosophy
Our personal insurance philosophy is based on replacing personal exertion income, so that in the event of unforeseen death, serious illness or injury to a member of the family or partnership, life from a financial viewpoint can continue with minimal financial impact.
There are a number of options regarding each of the following cover types:
- Income Protection - in the event of injury or illness and the life insured is unable to work, they could be paid a monthly benefit of up to 75% of their income to replace lost earnings
- Critical Illness (Trauma) - in the event of a major injury or illness (as defined by the contract) to the life insured a lump sum is paid to cover expenses and other costs associated with the trauma
- Life Insurance - pays a lump sum upon death of the life insured
- Total and Permanent Disability - pays a lump sum when the life insured is totally and permanently disabled (as defined by the contract)
- Through the combined expertise of AFS and our professional partners, we can advise on the best way of structuring your insurance so that it is in line with your overall financial strategy.
AustinsPeters Financial Group Pty Ltd (ACN 169 038 993) ATF AustinsPeters Financial Group Unit Trust ABN 24 424 486 227 trading as AustinsPeters Financial Planning, is an Authorised Representative of Oreana Financial Services Limited ABN 91 607 515 122, Australian Financial Services Licensee No. 482234 Registered Office Level 7, 484 St Kilda Road Melbourne, Victoria 3004 Australia